Seasons are changing and winter is almost here. You all know what that means. It is time to get all cosy in woollen and snuggle with soups and hot chocolates. Winter is the season of enjoying delicious hot dishes. But, unfortunately, it comes with several diseases and flu. The season is the cue for colds and viruses that may enter your body uninvited. It is when your overall immunity takes a hit. Sometimes, no matter how many layers you cover yourself with, you eventually catch a cold. It happens because of improper diet. Apart from covering yourself appropriately, you must take an adequate diet that keeps you warm and boosts your immunity. From slurping hot soups to savouring vegetables rich in porridges, there are many food items made across the nation to keep you fit from the inside. ellementry will help you learn about some and make it at home using its sustainable yet classy kitchenware.
ellementry is taking you to the winter food map of our country. Just like language, every region has its delicacy. Let’ take it from the top
- Dishes like Harissa, Makke ki roti & Sarson ka saag, Gajar ka halwa are limitlessly consumed. All the dishes are super rich in taste and have a distinct identity and speciality of their own. Each dish in its way keeps the human body warm on chilly winter days.
- Let’s move towards the west. Gujarat is famous for its sweet and tangy dishes while Rajasthani people love chilly. Recipes like Undhiyo, Bajre ka khichda, Raab, Surti Ponk are most preferred in both the states. All the dishes are full of green and healthy ingredients. Undio is mainly a mix of all the vegetables that are loved during winters.
- On the east side, dishes like Zan, chhurpi soup, til pitha, Sanpiau, Chi Al Meh, Bai are famous. Now, most of these dishes are made from leafy vegetables and spices. It helps to retain heat and keeps a person warm all the time.
- Coming toward Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and a few centrally located states, you will find dishes that are perfect to have at any time you want. Gajak, Litti Chokha, Garadu chaat, Nimona, Gaya tilkut are some of the popular dishes of winter that one enjoys anytime and every time.
- South enjoys the taste of heaven in the form of Beetroot Thoran, Baath, Avarekelu sagu, Ulava Charu, Enduri Pitha, Muthia. All these dishes are fondly prepared in every household.
- India is a land of multiple cultures and food. It is amazing to see a country that has something unique in each part.
This winter, try bringing this edible diversity at home. Make dishes that make your mouth water. ellementry and its sustainable cookware will help you cook the best winter dish:
White marble mortar and pestle
One thing that is common in every Indian dish is that each has lots and a lot of Indian spices mixed with veggies and meat. Spices like cardamom, cloves, bay leaf are beneficial for the human body. They keep a person warm and boost immunity as well. That’s one reason why Indians have such a strong immune system. Spices pounded in mortar and pestle release authentic flavors.
In teak wooden chakla belan with stand-small
We all love to devour stuffed parathas during winters. Let’s make the most of seasonal vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, reddish, peas, methi and more. The wholesome stuffing of these fresh vegetables will make the parathas healthy and tasty. You need a chakla belan to roll them in nice circles. The teak wooden board gives a perfect even foundation, and the rolling pin with its handles offer a firm grip.
Fiore ceramic serving bowl
Delicious dishes deserve beautiful serving bowls. Keep your aromatic food in this fiore ceramic serving bowl. It will make the dish look tastier. The size of the bowl is enough to store a large quantity. It is hand-painted with flowers that give it a celestial look. The bowl is no less than a piece of art and décor on the dining table.
Fiore ceramic thali
Food in winters hit differently. One tends to enjoy it a lot more than he does during summers because warm meals often have enhanced aromas and flavors, as well as a sensation of “warmth” when you get to eat the meal. Have your meal with more love in this fiore ceramic thali.
There are many other products by ellementry that will help you make the best winter dish for your family.