Curd is one of the most used ingredients in the Indian kitchen and it is also an important part of a balanced diet, predominantly used in summers. The magical nutritions that curd has are innumerable. Apart from making our body cool, it has some creative benefits that can bring some good changes in our life. It is generally rich in calcium and it is full of important nutrients like vitamin B2, vitamin B12, potassium, and magnesium. It is more natural when prepared at home as it does not contain any artificial chemicals when prepared at home.
As mentioned above it has some incredible benefits which can trigger a good point to your health.
Good for your gut
Curd plays an important role when it comes to improving your digestion. The good bacteria in it always love your gut.
Stalwart immunity is said to be the kind of immunity in which we can rely on and continue doing our work with full enthusiasm. Curd does exactly the same thing and always built our immunity strong.
Mind-blowing ingredient for the skin to heal
Curd moisturizes our skin. A lot of people have acne-prone skin due to pollution and gastric problems. Curd has helped people in maintaining good skin for ages. It contains lactic acid that does wonders for the skin.
To start with the recipe of curd
- 1-liter milk, it can be full fat or whole milk.
- 1 teaspoon curd as a starter ( if you are making this in winters then increase the amount to three fourth to one tablespoon)
- Take a clean pot. It should have been rinsed well so that the milk solids won’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Pour the milk into the pot and boil it in a medium to low flame.
- Now, allow the milk to cool down and shift the milk in a big bowl.
- Dip your index finger in the milk to check if it is lukewarm or not.
- If the milk is lukewarm, add a teaspoon of the curd to the milk and stir it well.
- Cover the bowl and move to a warmer place.
- In summer, it takes four hours for the curd to set, whereas it takes eight hours to get the same results in winter.
If you are in love with thick curd!
This method is for those who love thick curd without having a creamy layer on top of the curd. This technique of setting curd breaks down the creamy layer and the fat disperses to the milk making it creamy in taste.
You can break down the creamy layer better when you pour it into another bowl, to and fro three to four times. You can see the milk has froth up well.
Now add some curd into the milk when the temperature is a bit high (not warm but hot). Then pour milk into the bowl and cover it properly. As a result, you get a fresh thick cream curd in return.
Vegan curd is a healthy staple food
What Makes Your House a Home
Preparing a non-dairy curd is not so common. Most people think it is not possible to set a vegan curd. What if you get a curd with some seemingly impossible ingredients into a vegan curd? Everybody might wonder how to make curd without using milk and without any curd starter.
- Peanuts, 100 grams( soak it for four hours)
- Half liter water
- Some chilly stems
- Put peanuts into the blender and add half a liter of water. Now blend it well.
- Strain the mixture using a thick sieve.
- Put all the leftover fiber into the mixture and mix it well with the remaining water.
- Strain it again and you can see thick milk just like regular milk.
- Boil the milk and you get a thick cream on top. Remove it with the help of a spoon.
- Now pour the milk into a separate pot and add the chilli tops on top of it.
- Now cover it and place it in a warmer place.
- Depending on the weather, it will take anywhere between eight to 12 hours to set and you get a healthier curd.
Wanna give a Greek touch to your curd bowl?
It gets easier when you stop your curd balls by placing fresh fruits on top. You can share some unique code bowl combinations that will keep you coming back for more ideas.
Here we go,
- Dark Chocolate, orange, and pistachios
- Pineapple, toasted coconut and hazelnuts
- Blueberries, granola, and honey
- Strawberries and kiwi
- Mangoes and bananas
- Cherry topping
- Walnut, almonds, pecans, and cashew nuts
- Set your curd by placing the bowl of milk in a casserole or a thermocol.
- You can even wrap a warm blanket or a woolen scarf to the bowl and keep the bowl in a warmer place.
- You can even keep the bowl in the rice storage drum or container.
- If you have an oven at home, you can leave the bowl in the oven with the light bulb on.
Make curd without a culture
According to South Indian culture, the curd is prepared after preparing one’s own culture. It is very easy to prepare your own starter.
Bring the milk to boil and let it cool down to lukewarm temperature. At eight to 10 stems of red chilli for every half to three-fourth cup of the warm milk.
Now cover the pot and wait for five to eight hours, depending on the climate.
The ideal utensil to set a perfect consistency of curd is a clay pot or utensil made up of mud. You can even set curd for individuals in kulhad.
Happy curd feast!
Let’s insist on hearing what you have to say about this story!