Baking is a specialized skill in cooking. Using bakeware is usually different from cookware because it does not require stirring of ingredients with the skimmer. You have to spread the ingredient mixture and let it bake in the dry heat.
Not only experienced bakers appreciate the appropriate bakeware, but it also makes baking easy for beginners. Ellementry is constantly launching new designs that include the latest technology. It makes cooking more convenient and brings novelty to the kitchen. However, each baker agrees that the starting of baking with the basic tools is essential as it helps in learning skills that sometimes technology can’t. Given below tools are its evidence:
1) Mixing bowl: A non-slip base of mixing bowl makes it easy to hold it while mixing ingredients. A mixing bowl is thicker as compared to a normal bowl, and it helps in the whisking and beating with hand mixers. An oven-safe mixing bowl is also a perfect bowl for baking cakes.
2) Measuring kit: Different tools are available in the market that helps to add the proper proportion of the ingredients. The following are the tools included in the measuring kit:
- Measuring Cups: Specific measuring cup is required to measure liquid and weighing dry items. Prefer heat-resistant liquid measuring cup made of heat-resistant material as sometimes there is a requirement of measuring hot liquids.
- Measuring spoons: A tool to measure small quantity ingredients such as salt, baking soda, etc.
- Kitchen Scale: A perfect tool to measure large dry ingredient quantity such as flour.
- Baking thermometer: For baking cakes and pies, the accurate temperature is crucial, so the baking thermometer is essential. The baking thermometer measures the core baking product’s temperature instead of the oven temperature.
3) Hand mixer: A hand mixer is useful to whip heavy cream, mix cake mixtures, beat eggs & cocoa powder, and others. You do not have to mix the other ingredients in different bowls that you need to do in stand-mixers. For convenience, prefer beater and kneader attachments with a hand mixer so that it becomes easy to knead the dough for pizza or bread.
4) Hand tools: Different hand tools like a spatula, wooden spoon, etc. are crucial tools while baking.
- Spatulas: It is the best tool to mix or scrap the mixing bowl sides and cake frosting. A spatula is available in different materials like metal, plastic, silicone, etc.
- Wooden spoon: Another crucial tool to scrap non-stick surfaces or to stir hot mixtures. A silicon spoon can replace it because it needs less maintenance.
- Cookie cutters: A handy tool, which is useful to cut cookie dough in different shapes, cakes for serving, and also useful to decorate pie crusts.
- Rolling pin: It is an essential hand tool to roll out cookies or cookie dough evenly. Prefer the rolling pin without the handles to prevent imprinting of your knuckles in the dough.
- Flour sifter: For cake’s airy texture, a flour sifter is a crucial tool. It distributes all ingredients equally and prevents dry ingredients from clumping. Sifting describes the decoration over cupcakes and cakes such as dusting cocoa powder, icing sugar, or cinnamon sugar.
- Oven Mitt: A thick cloth material that is now available in silicone, and it provides more resistance to heat, never compromise with the quality of the oven mitt.
5) Baking pans: Baking pans are available in different shapes and sizes to bake cakes, brownies. Loaf pans are mostly used for baking bread.
6) Cooling rack: For proper cooling down the baked products, air must cross over and under it. A cooling rack helps in preventing over-cooking of the product when it is placed outside the oven. It is made up of metal.
7) Roaster: A roaster is a baking tool. It is an extra flat rectangular base with small-medium walls. Its handles are available in different sizes. However, its size may vary, and it depends upon the dish type along with the oven size.
The bakeware utensils are of different materials, and it is baking of a product also considered as a factor to choose bakeware. Various bakeware options need heat differently, so it is crucial to know whether you want to make crisp and brown food or completely cooked. When you are aware of how each bakeware type cooks after placing it inside the oven, you can go for one that is appropriate and that too without worrying about how the bakery product will turn out.
- Glass: For mixing a casserole, you must go for glass bakeware because it is perfect for the dish that needs even cooking for a specific duration of time in an oven. As compared to metal, glass bakeware is a terrible heat conductor. Glass material takes some time to absorb heat, and it takes time to adjust the temperature that rapidly changes. The glass can also shatter if it is placed in more amount of heat. However, a glass bowl or container is a perfect choice when you want to cook a dish at a constant temperature.
- Ceramic: The most common bakeware types are glass and metal, but there is also another option, i.e., ceramic bowl or container. Such a type of bowl is colorful and decorative. The ceramic utensil is perfect to cook and serve food, especially when you want to impress guests with an elegant presentation. This bakeware type is completely similar to glass bakeware because when you warm up the ceramic bowl, it holds heat and can keep the dish warm even after placing it outside the oven. Besides that, it also cooks the dish evenly at a constant temperature. It also has the same disadvantages as glass, i.e., when a ceramic bowl is placed in high heat, it gets cracked.
- Terracotta: The advantage of Terracotta bakeware is that it is non-stick. It is a piece of perfect equipment to prepare sticky baked products that do not get released easily. Also, the heating of terracotta is pretty even and that means a great bake for you. If you are into healthy and safe cooking, you should definitely try these terracotta bakewares out!
Visit ellementry.com to get thorough with the great ranges of available bakeware in the market. When you get to know the appropriate bakeware material, you can prepare your delicious goodies and present gracefully browned muffins, the icing on the cake, etc. You can prepare the baking products beautifully if you make the appropriate choice based on the using bakeware. You must be aware of the perfect temperature that is essential for preparing the bakery product properly.